HEMANGIOMA - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Youth and Teen Support

Old 03-19-2006, 11:36 PM
natasha

Default HEMANGIOMA

Hi everyone,
I have a question, that I'm sure a lot of moms are asking: we were told by many docs that our daughter's hemangioma will involute w/ time. She is 2 years old and already had 2 surgeries. The rest of her hem. grows through the lip muscle, so Dr is not able to remove it. He said he is sure that w/ time, it will involute on its own, especially that it was cut into. Did any of you have surgery and still have leftover hem, or never had treatment at all? Did hem become smallet w/ time? I would really appreciate your responces,
Thank you all
Natalie
Old 05-18-2007, 06:22 PM

I myself do not have a hem. but my friend does. She had one surgery to remove it, but it wasnt totally removed. She is now 17 years old and her hem. is no longer there. you wouldnt be able to tell that she ever had one in the first place.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:12 PM

I had several hemangiomas and one of them was on my lip, I had surgery on it as a toddler. Im now 17 and Im still left with what appears to be a not really noticable fat lip. No one notices it until I point it out.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:25 AM

I'm 22 years old and the hemangioma on the right side of my lip still has not involuted. I wonder if there's anyone with hemangiomas that has not undergone involution?
i'm not complaining, just wondering what will become of it in the future.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:22 PM

Hello, can you give me more information? Do you know when the h. first appeared? How did it change over the years? Did it fade or shrink at all? Are you able to share a photo.

The reason I am asking all these questions is to determine if you have an h. that didn't fully involute/left atrophied skin, etc. or this is not a true hemangioma.

I can help you find the answers to why your lesion is not involuting.

Please feel free to contact me.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:15 AM

Hello, I am Eve. and i was told i had hem. when i was only 3 moths old i am now 15 years old and still have it today. I had an extreme amount of sugerys it has faded over time but never fully gone away.