My story (at lest part of it) - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Old 04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Jim Devier

Default My story (at lest part of it)

Hey all, my name is Jim Devier, 53 year old man with a compound hemangioma on my face. went through the little kid teasing and suchlike probably as bad as anyone, (my nickname in the boyscouts was birth defect boy), but by that time it didn't bother me so much. My mother had the sense to treat me like all the other kids, I'm one of five kids. Took me a while to figure out that you're only as different as you think you are. Once you figure that out, and see the results in how people react to you, you pretty much got it licked. It still tears Me up when introduced to someone w/ small children who run screaming behind their mothers at the sight of me- usually kneeling down and talking to them sorts that all out- lets them know that I am a real person and not some monster from hell. It's always good when the next time you meet and the kids come up to talk to you- it's amazing how curious they are. Maybe help someone look at people differently as they go thru life. God knows, there are enough people out there who need a few life lessons in humility before they can truly be called adults. Anyone out there with a story- and I think any/all could help someone, get in touch. Jim Devier PS. I am currently getting treatment and could not be happier with the results.

Last edited by Jim Devier : 07-04-2006 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: My story (at lest part of it)

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting such an interesting story. I can not wait to hear the other part lol. We need more of these kind of stories and people with these stories on this group.

I hope to talk to you soon.

and thanks again

Hank
Old 04-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Jim Devier

Hay hank,( that common phrase seems kinda weird when you see it in print, But "hey" seems more like a shout), Is there some way I can talk to you privatly? I might be able to share some things with you that might not be ready for prime time. Jim Devier
Old 04-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Hi Jim,

Of course you can email me anytime you would like. My email is hankinne@cox.net. It is in my profile as well.

Look foward to talking to you.

Hank