Pregnancy post cerebral AVM surgey... - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 01-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Julia

Default Pregnancy post cerebral AVM surgey...

Hi,
I had my cerebral AVM renoved six months ago and am doing well. My partner and I are hoping to start a family next year, but can't find any info online if this is possible or too risky.
I'd love to hear from anyone who's had a pregnancy after removal of an AVM in the brain.
Thanks,
Julia
Old 04-05-2004, 02:21 AM
christielee21

Default Re:Pregnancy post cerebral AVM surgey...

i have no idea, but i too am very scared about pregnancy risks. i have a VM on my left foot, leg, and private areas. i want children more than anything in life.. my biggest fear is that my VM will stop me from it.

if you find out anything regarded pregnancy and VMs in general, please let me know!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:19 PM

Red face I have an AVM on the left temporal cerbreal lobe that has been treated.

Hi I'm RoxAnne, and I have been dealing with my AVM on the left temporal cerebral lobe since 2005. I have had a embolization and Gamma knife surgery to treat my AVM. I have had some speech spells as a result of the scar tissue that is healing wonderfully. I have waited for over three years since my treatment to start to have a baby. I know that I'm at high risk of AVM bleeding but I feel great now and I haven't had any speech problems since Feb 2010. My AVM started off golf ball size 15mm now it's 3mm . So I believe that the treatment has been great. But know I'm wanting to start a family with my husband of over 5 years and I'm very nervous that it will take an effect on my AVM. my Drs. say that im high risk and the likley hood of my AVM to bleed or have complication are 15-20%. Is there anybody out there that has had an AVM in the brain and have had a successful pregnancy?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome,

I can't think of anyone in your situation. That doesn't mean they aren't out there, just that I can't think of them right now.

If someone doesn't answer you soon, I'll ask around for you.

And, welcome!!

Missy