My HUGE birthmark; HELP. - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2007, 12:45 AM
sophia06

Default My HUGE birthmark; HELP.

Hi, this is my first thread on here and I have to say I am very happy that I am not the only one. I mean I probably have the biggest birthmark out of anyone I heard or seen or even read of (Yet at least) My birthmark starts from my lower back connecting down to my left buttox and still going all the way down the outer left side of my leg and ends wrapped around my foot. It is HUGE. All my life people thought so weird of me and it makes me really bad about myself. There are 3 MAJOR things people always say to me; people think i was abused, was burnt, or even it was also called a contagious disease. I am just so embarrassed about it. I can't wear shorts or anything short. I am 19 and at times think that I can get over it and deal with it but I hate people looking at my leg and assuming ALL THE TIME those 3 things. I personally don't know what to do and don't know where to start. I mean I read stuff on many websites that my port wine stain can't be totally treated and that makes me feel worse about myself knowing that I am still gonna have it for a long time. Advice and help would be nice folks. And thanks so much for reading.

- Sophia