Ingrown Eyelashes+Eyelid Hemangioma Surgery? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 AM

Question Ingrown Eyelashes+Eyelid Hemangioma Surgery?

Does anyone have experience with ingrown eyelashes (Trichiasis) as a result of an eyelid hemangioma?

Quinn's eyelashes have been rubbing against his eye since he was 3 weeks old and this has caused significant pain for him as well as chronic infections.

This is going to be a big part of his surgery and I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this, reversing ingrown eyelashes? He will be having the eyelid reconstructed and debulked at the same time.

What is the recovery like for this, is it similar to a debulking?

Thanks in advance from a nervous mommy,

Jen
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Administrator

I wish I had some advice for you, since it has been a couple of days and no other parent has chimed in. But, honestly, I just don't know.

Can the doctor point you to other patients in similar circumstances? Maybe you could contact one and get your question answered.

Missy