SHAI’S STORY: Living with Multiple Hemangioma - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 03-05-2008, 09:21 PM

Shai- Thanks for sharing your story!! I'm really just in the beginning stages of this journey for my 8 month old daughter and it can be very comforting and reassuring to see how resilent kids can be in overcoming such things in their lives. You are beautiful and amazing!
Old 03-06-2008, 02:02 AM

Smile Beautiful

You are an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your story! Who was your surgeon if you don't mind my asking?
Carrie, mom to Isabella
Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 AM

Thank you very much again everyone!

And In reply to Isabella, my surgeon was a Doctor at my local hospital called DR Cormack. He has his own plastic surgery clinic in Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Cambridgeshire. He specializes in all plastic surgery, including corrective and reconstructive surgery which is what I went to him for.

Hope that helps
Old 03-23-2008, 03:53 AM

Default Thank you

Shai,
Not only are you beautiful, but you are an amazingly charming young woman. You are mature beyond your years, and your story will go far to help many others facing a similar situation.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing!
Donna
Old 03-25-2008, 02:24 PM

Red face Amazing

You look wonderful, and you were always beautiful. I can't even put it into words, but it is truly inspiring to see!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:06 PM

Default Thank you for sharing.

Hello Shai,
Thanks so much for taking the time to explain about your hemangiomas. My daughter India has a superficial hemangioma by her left eye and it looks like yours did as a baby. I hope that you don't mind me asking, however what treatment was required for the your hemangioma by your eye? So far India has had steroids which started the involution process however we are now waiting to see what happens.
Your story is amazing and gives us parents real hope.

Have attached a photo of my little poppet.
Lots of love,
Amber
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29122007487_edited.jpg (95.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-26-2008, 05:01 AM

Thankyou so very much for sharing your story. my son is now a year old and was diagnosed at the age of almost 3 months with a parotid infantile hemangioma. we went and had a steroid treatment and now we will go back to get another one. it has gone down tremendously but i was starting to worry and your story really helped me . thanks so much and God bless. you look beautiful
Old 05-01-2008, 11:53 AM

Thankyou very much once again!!

Well the treatment for the hemangioma above my eye, I too had steriods which caused it to involute and then I just had surgery, obviously my surgeon had to be very careful to not damage my eye, but he was great. I think what they did, was cut it and pull it back to stretch it back.

Thanks very much again to everyone that has replied to my story. Me and my parents were amazed with how much response my story has had, and it is really appriciated. Im also really pleased that it has helped people and given people some hope!!