Fed up discouraged and depressed update... - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2009, 04:04 PM

Default Fed up discouraged and depressed update...

Hello to all.... I haven't been on here in a good six months...
I don't know where to start.....
First of all, I am really scared of what happens next with me.
I am out of work right now because of the pain I am having.
I have been back to the Vascular clinic where I have a doctor in RI, he is really great!!! But I just don't know where to go from here.

I have been in pain from my vein stripping procedure in Feb of 08. Since then, the pain has gotten worse and worse. My doctor told me that he will refer me back to Boston again (I live 35 min away) but that they wouldn't know as much as him, I have been to Boston before, I don't want to waste my time. I have been told twice, that if the affected veins that are causing me trouble are removed or injected, that there was a good chance that even more would develop, or my leg would just fill up with fliud. As the months go by, I am just in so much pain, I do EVERYTHING they tell me to. I wear my stocking all the time STILL HURTS, elevate my leg STILL HURTS, take the motrin for swelling the aspirin for clots.

I can't sleep anymore, the pain wakes me up. Yesterday I went to the store, and had to limp my way out of there because the pain was umbearble from just walking a couple isles. I even stared crying in the store. Now I am not a baby, I don't just wine for no reason, anyone in my family will tell you that I have always put the pain aside and still went on with my life. But now, I just can't, these past 2 months that I have been out of work have been hell. I have vericose veins covering almost my entire leg now, I mean they are the size of a round pencil. Moslty in my thigh where there is a huge ball of them hurts the most. If I am getting worse and worse as the months go by, what is going to happen to me 5 or 10 years from now? I really have trouble managing the pain, walking or standing more than a max of 5 min kills me.....

Everyone around me see's it's affecting my life....
The doctor told me to consider long term disabilty, I don't want to! IM 26!!!!
I just want the pain to go away, at least some of it!!!!
I go back to the vascular clinic next week, I think im going to tell him that I am going to go to Boston again, but I am sceptical.
Im sopposed to go back to work on the 25th, I am a CNA, who stands and walks on her feet everyday and does some heavy lifting. I don't see that happining. I was sopposed to start nursing school, I put that on hold....
I just don't know where to go from here.........