Makeup artist NYC/NJ/Philadelphia area? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 01-08-2010, 05:01 PM

Default Makeup artist NYC/NJ/Philadelphia area?

Can anyone recommend a good makeup artist in the NYC/northern NJ/Philadelphia area with experience with PWS? I have never worn make up and am somewhat ambivalent about it, but would like to explore. Thus looking for someone who would be good educating me on basic, fundamental makeup application. Again... I've never worn make up.

I've lived very publicly with a dark purple facial PWS covering about half my face for the past 38 years. There is no malformation, except for an almost imperceptible puffiness on one side of my upper lip.

I am in journalism and deal with new and different people every day for work. My PWS has never really been an issue, as I've pretty much just not allowed it to be one. Attempted laser treatments when younger, but the idea of going through that (with lackluster results), as if there were something wrong with me, took way more of an emotional toll than just living life as I always had.

Anyway... all that just to say... looking for a good recommendation!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:25 PM

If you go to the ask the expert page, Nancy our make up expert, is listed as the expert. If you email her she can give you the name of the contact information for the lady that came to our NYC conference to do make overs.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:44 AM

No response from Nancy... would be interested in recommendations from anyone in the forum. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Hi there,

I don't see a post to Nancy through her form... did you go to her website instead? I sent her a test mail to make sure, though!

Thanks,

Missy
Old 01-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Just sent a message through the form. Previously had emailed her aol account. We'll see. Thanks. Anyone else out there with any experience at all with makeup artists? I'm surprised there has been no response at all.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:25 PM

I'm no makeup artist, but I am a teenager with a PWS on the area around my eye, and it's actually suprisingly easy to cover up. I strongly reccomend dermablend (available at some department stores, I think Macy's carries it?), which is very effective, especially when worn over normal foundation.

I'm not sure how dark or large it is, but this should at least help. Best of luck.