PWS folks - cold all the time?? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 PM

Default PWS folks - cold all the time??

Hi folks!

I'm going to my primary doc soon to start figuring out treatment, etc. for my PWS - and to see if there are any more serious underlying issues (like KTS). I want to be as thorough as possible with my medical history with my primary doctor, as my former primary has just been thrown into jail for fraud and my medical records are floating around in the ether somewhere. I'm sure I'll be able to track them down, but it could take weeks, maybe months, and my appointment is on 11/19.

One of the things that I've always been curious about is that I am ALWAYS cold! Like, always. Even as I type this, I am sitting in my cubicle and the thermometer that I keep here says it's roughly 70 degrees - and I am bundled up with my wool coat and scarf. If I could wear gloves, I totally would (seriously considering fingerless gloves). No, I'm not getting sick; this is normal for me. Even the tip of my nose is cold. Sometimes, my feet get so cold that they hurt - and my PWS turns a scary dark blue, especially where it covers my toes.

Someone once told me that I probably have Reynaud's syndrome - which is a condition associated with vascular issues - but I don't have a diagnosis... yet.

Do any of you PWSers get cold all the time, or am I a rare lucky one? Just curious more than anything, I guess, and wondering if it's even worth mentioning to my doctor.

Come visit my blog:
http://shakingthetree.tumblr.com
Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 AM

you should mention it to your doctor.

i have a facial birthmark. does not feel cold all the time. I can feel it pulsing sometimes but not cold but my mother tells me it gets darker when i am cold.

wish i felt cold. i love the cold ! arthritis doesn't thought
Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM

My birthmark isn't cold - it's actually warm to the touch, a lot. It's the REST of me that gets cold - and I have to wonder if maybe I'm losing body heat through the birthmark, or maybe it's because my circulation is compromised because of something else (KT?).

Anyway, it's flippin' annoying to be so cold all the time. Maybe I should move to the tropics, eh? For medical reasons??

Come visit my blog:
http://shakingthetree.tumblr.com
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Administrator

When my thyroid was underactive, I was just like that! I could NOT get warm. It could be totally unrelated... it's something to mention to your doc.

Missy
Old 11-05-2009, 03:05 AM

oh sorry.

Nope. don't feel cold. and moving to the tropics is not an answer ! whole new problem. sorry. ha ha ha ha.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:28 PM

I don't feel constantly cold, but my PWS is on my face, so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with that.