Newborn with PWS - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2010, 05:50 AM

Default Newborn with PWS

Hi there!
I am glad to have find this website.

On the day of delivery, all parents wish to hear from the Gynae that your baby is ok. But i hear from my gynae "your daughter have birthmarks on hte legs and on the face". then followed by the Pediatrician who commented that my gal has Protwine Stain.

I leaped with joy when finally i am able to meet my daughter for the first time. but my heart sank at the same time, thinking "why does it have to be on her. Her life barely started!!"

Superstitious relatives and friends start to saying that it is beacuse we painted the baby cot, so that is how the "paint" got unto the baby.

I really wanted to cry but yet i have to be strong for the baby. She needs my breastmilk, she needs all the cuddle she can get from me.

Everyday when i breastfeed her, i looked at her..sometimes into her eyes. God, she is so innocent and so unaware of what is going on. How i wish i can take over all these pain. And i cried and cried. I really do not want my gal to be outcasted by the society especially we are living in a materialistic world.

Docs have told us to go thru laser. yes , i would want her to go thru the laser treatment. She has a splash on her left eye, her buttocks downwards and her genitials are splashed with PWS. Buti i do ont uderstand why some most website says that it is not a permanent solution and so she will probably have to go thru this treatment a lifetime.

I just want my daughter to find her own tru identity and be strong. And able to find her belinging in the socitey..able to be optimistic, able to date, get married, have children , have a career, able to serve God in her unique way..

is there a doc to recommend in Singapore?
Looking forward to hear from the rest!