Port wine Stain from Viet Nam - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 05-31-2010, 10:01 AM

Default Port wine Stain from Viet Nam

Hi all
I am twenty five years old girl with port wine stain from Viet Nam. My city- Ho Chi Minh city have establish laser clinic supported by American organization. thanks God and supporters. After treatments I have a terrible face (swelling up, blisters, .vv...)and now have a keloid. This theraphy is new to Vietanm, both physicians and patients, I don't have any information to birthmark, port wine stain untill finding out VBF and doctors who support Vietnamese clinic
I am still worried. I wonder if i should continue treatment or wait more. I have to stop my first work after graduating from university beacause I would stay at home at least 10 days after operations .working with 10 days off per month is impossible. However, I don't know how to take care my face after operations, nobody in Vietnam has experience to tell me. please share with meyour experience in taking care lasered area (including pictures)

I am also thinking about other patients who I met at the clinic. like me, they also hope that they or their children can be healed without knowing what is happening. many of them feel discourage and want to give up. How they can get information from the Internet which is not popular to many people?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg birthmark 3..jpg (73.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Administrator

I know of one family that has to deal with laser treatments like that. I'll see if I can get them to come in and answer your questions.

Hi and welcome!

Missy
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 PM

Hi Thuhuyen. I'm sorry you are having some problems with your laser treatments. My 16 year-old grandson has facial pws. I can tell you what works for him. The best tip is to keep your skin from becoming dried out. Apply an ointment, like bacitracin or polysporin, very liberally on the treated area. Re-apply the ointment during the day, as needed. You might ask your doctor what ointment they would recommend. Also, for the swelling, use an ice pack. Stay out of the sun.

If you don't mind my asking, how experienced is the doctor doing the laser treatments? Also, how many treatments have you had, and at what age did you begin laser treatments?

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if there is anything else I can do to help.
Glenda
Old 06-02-2010, 02:04 AM

Thanks for feedback!
I had the first treatment a year ago and may be 9 operations until now. ("may be" beacause for the first three times, the doctor tried small area affected). As I told that the clinic have been established in my city a year and a half ago, I and my doctors are the first people trying laser treatment. you know, I accept a risk but I need to know what is the risk.

I used ice pack and applied vaseline pure just one time after out of operation room. Can I wash my face with water, even blisters?. when lasered area healed after 10 days, Can I do massage and while doing it should I avoid keloid?

Every times, I had different conditions so I feel confused. Now I understand I should be patient and pray.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 PM

make sure you apply vaseline or any other non allergenic moisturizing cream on your birthmark many times during the day following the treatments (every day) make sure you put sun cream when you are out in the sun. Put ice pack after every treatment - it will reduce swelling. Have a lot of Vitamin C and Zinc as a nutritional supplement while healing - it will promote your skin recovery and prevent complications.
good luck!