help for 20 mos old - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 PM

Scarlett's mommy Thanks for sharing your photo. Your daughter is so precious.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:08 PM

Hi, sorry I havent been back to reply, I have been working away.
My daughter had great results using Propranolol at the age of 5, to be honest I think our Consultant didn't really expect it to do much.

The difference was so great that we were able to go for surgery now that the H had involuted so much. The operation was last week and she had her stitches removed this morning.

We are enormously happy with the results, and to be honest it all comes from trying the Proranolol.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Brian I actually commented about reading your information on this site when I went to her dermatolgoist a couple of weeks ago and about the you tube video regarding Gloriika.(Both of them them gave me some hope) I told her i just wanted to try it if it was safe medicine. She did comment today that they weren't sure if it would help because she was older and it was no longer growing. Keeping my fingers crossed that we will have some of the same success that you had.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 AM

my daughter (19 mos) had a forehead H a little lower and a little bigger than this...we elected to have surgery when she was 12 mos and for us it was the best decision. scar practically invisible 7 months later...it is just below her hairline, and i even decided to grow out her bangs as there's nothing to hide anymore. here are some pictures, including right before and right after surgery. most recent is i think in june, so 6 months post op.