Anyone in Queensland Australia out there - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 10-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Hey!! How are you? I was wondering when I saw this post if you guys were still around... I'm glad you are.

How is Charlotte these days?

Missy
Old 10-27-2010, 12:39 PM

Hi Missy,

Charlotte is doing really well, thank you. She had her 20th treatment in Hong Kong last week. The results so far have been amazing (although we are hoping for some further fading before we move to maintenance treatments towards the end of next year). On most days Charlotte's birthmark is pale pink. Unfortunately living in Singapore means that Charlotte is hot most of the time so her birthmark is probably more noticeable than it would be if we lived in a cooler climate.

We feel so lucky to have found Dr Henry Chan and have him treat our beautiful daughter. Charlotte copes really well with the treatments and I think she particularly enjoys having the one-on-one time with Mummy when we travel to Hong Kong - we have four children aged five and under so it is a rare thing to have time alone with mum!

Charlotte and her twin sister started nursery (kindergarten) in late August and Charlotte is loving being at school. She is an incredibly happy and outgoing little girl.

I hope all is well with you.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Thank you!! What a great update!

Hope Kindy is wonderful. I wish I could go back there.

Missy
Old 11-12-2010, 09:13 AM

Hi Catherine,

My daughter who is 2 1/2 has a PWS on both sides of her face. We live in Tasmania and have to go to Melbourne for treatments as there are no laser services offered here either. She has had 4 treatments so far.
What I have found most surprising is the long waiting lists. The Drs. say that treatments must be done every 3 months, but our appointments have had to be 4 or 5 months apart and we had to wait 9 months before our first treatment. Is that the case in Sydney too? I know that there is no chance that the procedures will ever be peformed in Tasmania given the small population but I didn't realise that they were not done in Queensland. Let me know if I can do anything to help as I understand the difficulties involved in travelling between states for treatments.
Regards, Michelle