? About Topical Timolol for hemangioma - Page 3 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 05-15-2011, 05:25 PM

My daughter started timolol 10 days ago, which isn't long, but just a note that we have seen zero side effects. She will start systemic meds in about 2 weeks, we are awaiting results from blood tests, ekg, etc. because she is only 6 weeks old. Her H. is very large and taking over her entire cheek. Since the timolol, she has started opening the eye on the side of the H. Before tim. she was favoring that eye and keeping it mostly closed.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:15 PM

My dd is 7 weeks old and has a deep H (cashew sized) on her right eyebrow that was growing quite rapidly down onto her eyelid. It was growing so quickly that each morning it was significantly larger and more purple. So after seeing the opthomoligist we started Timolol 2 days ago. Our Dr. Suggested the topical first because my dd is so young, but he warned us that that it may not absorb through the skin enough to reduce the swelling. I do think though it has defiantly think the Timolol has slowed the growth if not halted it. I am very encouraged by what I have read here and what we have experienced so far.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM

We use the topical version on our son's "diaper area" hemangiomas (he has several pea to quarter size ones on his bottom, by the rectal opening, and on his genitals). They have stopped ulcerating and appear to be less red than before. They aren't really shrinking but we are happy just to have none that are bleeding!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:11 AM

My 6 month old DD is currently prescribed the gel for her eyelid hem. We have only been on it a week but no progress so far.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 AM

My daughter is now on the timololol. It seems to keep the swelling down.
Takes 3 doses per day at 1.3ml
2nd Weaning of prop. not a success back on it March 22. Only one dose of 1.3ml now Baby girl is 19 months old Did Timolol gel for awhile, stopped, & back on - 4 years old. Off of Timolol -doesn't seem to be doing anything. At this point we have surgery scheduled for April
http://lexihemangiomapropanolol.blog...roduction.html