LM and hormones - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Lymphatic Malformations (also known as cystic hygroma and lymphangioma)

Old 05-09-2009, 10:32 PM

Default LM and hormones

I have pretty severe menstrual cramps and wanted to go on the pill to help with it all. Though I was told that with the Lymphatic Malformation that is not recommended, since it can be affected by it causing it to swell or react to it in some way. I have been given heavy prescription pain medication to help, and it does to a point. But I was wondering for future situations, like in pregnancy, how the LM reacts to the hormone changes. Did anyone have a problem with it?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 AM

I know this is an old post, but I thought maybe this could be helpful if you're still looking for an answer:

http://patr7apitt.typepad.com/blog/2...pregnancy.html
Old 06-12-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinF View Post
I know this is an old post, but I thought maybe this could be helpful if you're still looking for an answer:

http://patr7apitt.typepad.com/blog/2...pregnancy.html
Thank you so much for the reply. I haven't been on here in ages. I find the link interesting, as I have had the opposite reaction. I ended up just trying the birth control pill to see how my body would react to it and it did not go well at all. Within a week I had some swelling, but stuck it out for a little bit in the hope that it would get better. It didn't. I lasted for about a month and a half and was forced to stop because the swelling, pain, and some new growth was too much and I didn't want to put myself into a situation where I may need another surgery. Maybe others have had better reactions? I am not sure, but know that for me, it does not work well. I am still nervous about what pregnancy will do to my LM, but my fiance and I are still wanting a family. We'll see how it goes in the coming years.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Default Pregnancy

I also have a lymphangioma on my upper thigh and it is painful and gets swollen, etc. I was wanting to try and get pregnant and was wondering if anyone has any experience with being pregnant with a lymphangioma in general or a lympangioma on the leg.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:56 AM

my girl was born with LM, and yes I almost did the surgery. Thank god I didn't. the problem with the surgery that is not 100 present success. I found a great doctor that recommend me to do the injections. I was in snider hospital in long island. the name of the doctor is