Forehead Hemangioma surgery success! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 06-28-2012, 04:43 PM

Smile Forehead Hemangioma surgery success!

My 3 yr old son Nolan went in for surgery 2 weeks ago to have his H removed from his forehead. He was such a trooper and did great! I'll try to post the before & after pics. Thanks for all the support & advice along the way...I don't know how would of got through the last 3 yrs old without this forum!https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...5013155&type=1
Old 06-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Administrator

YAY! Great news! How is he feeling now?

Missy
Old 06-29-2012, 01:51 AM

Wow! Thanks for sharing. He is so cute and he looked so brave. I'm glad you have that past you. I know how relieved I felt after my daughter's surgery. Keep taking pictures. It is good to look back and see the progress.

Shannon
Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 AM

He looks great! who did his surgery?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Default removal

That is great new about the removal. We are thinking about removal as well for our daughter who is 8 months. Did they say there will be much scaring? My daughters is on her cheek and is about the size of a nickel. Doctor said we could do propranolol but I dont feel comfortable giving her bc she is so little. I think we are going to be dealing with loose skin so i just think the removal would be best anyway. Your son looks great! Cute little guy.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:47 AM

Thanks everyone, Nolan is doing great and seems to be healing up well!
Katie G Dr. Yazdani from London, Ontario Sick Kids Hospital did it. It still has the train track look but I'm really hoping that will heal up with time. We have our check up on July 12th so we'll see what the Doc has to say about how it's healing.
Smilo143 we were faced with the same decision as you when Nolan was also 8 months old. We almost went through with the propranolol treatment until we did the vbf live chat. We spoke with Dr. Warner and he strongly felt that the propranolol treatments would be a waste of time because Nolan's H had already grown so large he would still need surgery in the future. We were very relieved not to have to do the treatments, however surgery was still a little nerve racking but we feel was the right decision. Best of luck on your journey!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Thank you for sharing! My daughter will be having surgery in October, and it really helps to see these pictures and know what to expect. Your son is adorable, and I am so glad he is doing so well!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 PM

What a little trooper he must have been. My daughter had surgery a year ago (at age 2), hers was a little smaller but right at her hairline. I hope his healing goes smoothly, thanks for sharing!