Please share your experience with schlerotherapy - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Additional Resources > General Resources

Old 07-09-2012, 03:01 AM

Default Please share your experience with schlerotherapy

Hello everyone,

I believe I have a VM of the left arm that was misdiagnosed as a hemangioma when I was young and surgically operated on. I am now 25 years old and now have insurance and an income. My question is, for those of you who have had schlerotherapy done, what has been your experience? Did it offer significant improvement? Did the VM recur or continue to grow? How many treatments have you had? Do you plan to have more? Why or why not? What is the recovery time after these procedures? I work in an office at a computer. how soon would it take to be able to work?

Thank you so much. I am so fortunate to have discovered this forum.

Ash
Old 07-09-2012, 03:02 AM

Also, to add, I am considering going to Dr. Yakes in Denver, but does anyone have any experience with Dr. Rollins in Dallas?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 PM

Sclerotherapy is a procedure used to treat blood vessels or blood vessel malformations (vascular malformations) and also those of the lymphatic system. A medicine is injected into the vessels, which makes them shrink. It is used for children and young adults with vascular or lymphatic malformations. In adults, sclerotherapy is often used to treat varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
Old Yesterday, 07:35 AM

Hello,

From what I understand there are doctors, namely Dr. Yakes, who will review imaging CD's sent to them to see if they can help. My question is, how do I go about getting an MRI done? I do not have a primary care physician, should I get one and request one from them?

Thank you,