My teenage son has AVM on lip - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 PM

Default mikethepainter how are you now?

My son is now 19 and his lip avm is now a cheek avm, despite the best efforts of Drs. Waner and Berenstein, who are great drs. We are trying to decide what to do now. Waner still thinks embolization plus surgery will give permanent good result, but that it what we thought last time too. Embolization alone gave good result but too short term (not even a couple of months before it started to grow again.) Any advice appreciated.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:30 AM

Default Update on older post

Its been a while since this thread. Just wondering how are the children/young adults doing now with the avm?

I have a 3 year old boy who has an avm involving ear, cheek, lip and tongue. They just look like red (blush) birthmarks now. I am frightened to start treating it (embolization and laser) due to the possible vascularization but also frightened to leave it alone due to the vessels enlarging and becoming harder to treat.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 AM

hi,I am a 22-year-old Italian girl.Iíve been suffering from a venous malformation of the lower lip and cheek since I was born. It spans also in the pharynx deeply.
A sclerotherapy treatment is what every doctor suggested me and I underwent to it several times, with very few results. However, my sclerotherapies were irregular, due to the long waiting lists. The situation became psychologically untenable for me and i would like to know if anyone has solved a similar problem. I am very demoralized. Thank you so much
Old 03-24-2013, 02:05 AM

Cipi, I am sorry to hear about your vm. Facial differences are psychologically very difficult, especially for young women. Please join avmsurvivors.org, where you can get help and support.

Cipi, mi dispiace sentire la tua vm. Differenze facciali sono psicologicamente molto difficile, soprattutto per le giovani donne. Unitevi avmsurvivors.org, dove Ť possibile ottenere aiuto e sostegno.