Day 12 of propranalol - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 04-19-2012, 03:00 AM

Wow! What amazing results! He is adorable!

Shannon
Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Thanks you guys
We are so happy that the medicine worked so well. Interesting to see what the future brings. Maybe some plastic surgery. Depends on how his skin grows with him. The hemangioma almost look like a big burn scar now. The skin is so thin.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:15 AM

Smile

Wow that is absolutely amazing! You have given me so much hope Thankyou for taking the time to show me this, Really appreciate it (I think sometimes you can feel helpless). Let me know what happens in the future regarding skin growth.

By the way, your son is so adorable
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM

I wish we had propranolol when Bella was born! It seems to be a miracle drug for the segmental hemangiomas!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:59 AM

Hi,

I am new to the site after doing some internet searches regarding this topic. My baby is going in next week to get her first doses of Propranlol. She is going to actually be exactly three months next week the day she gets admitted :-((( It is mainly on her side of the nose and not very big actually, but it is pushing on her nose cartilage a little bit so that is why they feel she needs to be treated, because it is closing in on her one nostril on that side.

I am full of mixed emotions and am crying on and off, I know this medication is new and am learning as much as I can about it. Length of treatment I was told can be up to 18 months which is disheartening but I was told after stopping it for 12 months they have seen it come back again, so 18 months is more effective. They said they are going to start her with 3 times a day and wean her off- when do they start decreasing the dosage and weaning her off?

I am praying she won't have to be on it for THAT long :-((( Good to know that it is working well so far-after the course of treatment does the coloration go away too? Those that finished this treatment-do you see any long term side effects? That is what I would be concerned with.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:33 AM

Default Propanolol

Bump**

So she started on it and has been on it for a week so far. I do see the bluish part of it is fading away and it's not as bumpy-the red part of the hemangioma is still there though-anyone know how long before the red part starts to go away while being on this medication?
Old 09-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Hi,

I would give it a month or six weeks, but take LOTS of pictures. If you can compare in photos, it's easier to see the changes. Little changes aren't as easy to see in person.

Missy
Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 AM

Default re

Ah ok, good to know.

I notice when I take pics of her on the Iphone they hardly show,w hich I guess is a good thing I may have to really get up and close with it to actually see the difference, good idea.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:55 PM

My son has been on propranolol for about 9 months, he started when he was 7 months old. We have see really good results with the treatment...within 48 hrs it was less red and even looked smaller. I will have to post some pictures soon but he hasn't had any side effects that we know of and we are going to wean him off of it in 2 months. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:42 AM

Hi, Nicole:

Give it time. Propranalol works well for my daughter. The only side effect she had was an occasional night terror, but they were pretty rare. She was well monitored by cardiologist, too, for any BP issues.

Good luck!