VBF Global Ambassador logo

Maille & Megan McNicholas, United States,  Pennsylvania

My name is Maille McNicholas and I was born with Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome in 2006. At first, my parents did not know the reason for my birthmark, but thanks to the amazing physicians at the Vascular Anomalies Team at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), we discovered my diagnosis and treatments that have helped me as I have grown.

I had my first surgery in 2015 with Dr. Srinivasan, who removed a large and painful varicosity from my leg. He then placed numerous coils to hopefully prevent more varicose veins from forming. I have truly been fortunate to have access to such an amazing team of physicians.

Today, I am a National Dance Champion and daring trapeze and aerial performer. I love dancing competitively with my Dance Team and working with the silks and static trapeze. I have also been involved with Pageants for five years, and have made it my platform to support children, like me, with Vascular Birthmarks. My goal is to raise awareness for vascular birthmarks, and serve as an Ambassador for the Vascular Birthmarks Foundation, and show that all children can live their dreams!

email icon
icon-angle icon-bars icon-times