Dating with a Port Wine Stain? - Page 3 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcumsw View Post
I totally agree with the above poster. I let guys know from the get go.My pws covers my entire face, though i always wear makeup. if the guy has an issue with it when he hardly knows me, he's far too interested in physical aspects for me!

ps. my boyfriend of 4 years found this forum for me while searching on the internet so he himself could learn more. you can find support like that!
That is awesome!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:59 AM

Default Pws

Does anyone know of any dating sites or support orgs for people with any type of facial disfigurement?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 AM

I Finally told my boyfriend last night about my PWS that covers the front on my left leg. It took me 4 months to tell him. I built it us so much. I am 32 and have alwayw been very insucre about it. When I was a child at school my mother use to send me in shorts and skits all the time. The kids use to torment me daily. Saying I had a dirty reash and I it was deacease. It really took a toll on my self asteem early on. The man I am dating is my best friend. We had been friends for a few years befor we ever go together. I love and respect this man like not other. He has been a big part of mine and my sons life. I was so afreaid it would turn him off. I feel like such a weight has been lifted. My close friend always tell me to get over it. I am trying. This forum is deffinitly helping. Just knowing there are more people out there. Feelling the same way.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 AM

No comment.

Last edited by Suineme : 04-06-2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: I just poured my heart out to an empty forum. So screw it. I just deleted it because there is no point.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM

Nevermind.

Last edited by Suineme : 04-06-2013 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Nobody is here to read what I have to say
Old 05-01-2013, 05:36 PM

i actually met my boyfriend because of my PWS. it was a conversation starter! mine is my full left arm and has become darker as i've gotten older, but we've been together about 7 years, and it has never been a concern.

i was definitely conscious of it more as a kid, but it's part of me, something that most others don't have, and aside from the awkward stares, i don't think of it much.