Cafe au lait birthmark - Page 3 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Additional Resources > General Resources

Old 04-10-2012, 08:46 PM

Default hello.

Hello .....
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM

Default hi

Hi

My Daughter is 5year old..she has light coffee color birth on forehead..our pediatriican mentioned it is Cafe au lait birth mark..
is it possible remove these birtth mark.

1. what is the best laser Treatment for Cafe au lait Birthmark ?
2. what is the Correct age we can start treatment ?
3. can it marks stop self after some time or not.

can somebody share their experience/Knowledge treating Cafe au lait birth marks...

Thanks
Rao[/quote]

Hi i dont think it can be removed permanently. i tried laser treatment which is good but unfortunatlly it will be the same again. To be honest i didnt even heard any succesfull case when "CAL" been removed completly and permanently.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 PM

I've had a cafe au lait mark on my forehead since I was born. Yesterday, I had a Q switch laser procedure done. (I'm currently 25) From what I've learned It could be lightened or possibly removed compleatly. This may take several treatments. My doctor seemed confident one or two would take care of it. It's a light 1.5 cm2 sized mark. The procedure was very simple. They injected some lydocane (this did hurt a little) as a toppical anastetic. Then they sheiled my eyes and used that laser for about 30 secounds. Now the mark is slightly purple/red on top.

As someone who has grown up with the same problem as your daughter I understand that it can be embarrising being known as the kid with the spot on their head. I started using makeup at a young age. (middle school) It is possible to cover the mark up compleatly with make up. (I use Clinique even better concealer.) My mother was also very against changing something that she says is a part of me. However, I keep telling her it's just how I look not who I am.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiet77 View Post
I've had a cafe au lait mark on my forehead since I was born. Yesterday, I had a Q switch laser procedure done. (I'm currently 25) From what I've learned It could be lightened or possibly removed compleatly. This may take several treatments. My doctor seemed confident one or two would take care of it. It's a light 1.5 cm2 sized mark. The procedure was very simple. They injected some lydocane (this did hurt a little) as a toppical anastetic. Then they sheiled my eyes and used that laser for about 30 secounds. Now the mark is slightly purple/red on top.

As someone who has grown up with the same problem as your daughter I understand that it can be embarrising being known as the kid with the spot on their head. I started using makeup at a young age. (middle school) It is possible to cover the mark up compleatly with make up. (I use Clinique even better concealer.) My mother was also very against changing something that she says is a part of me. However, I keep telling her it's just how I look not who I am.
Hello,

Can i ask if your laser treatment worked? Which type of laser did you use i.e. Yag, ruby, alexandrite? My 6 month old son was born with a large cafe au lait mark on his cheek and i really was hoping that i could get it lasered before he is old enough to realize it is there. I don't want him to feel self-conscious or get teased. Anyhow, i know this type of mark is really hard to remove so i was hoping to hear a positive story of someone who had success with it.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:30 PM

Can someone please share the their experiences with laser? my kid is 21 days old with one cafe au lait. Need suggestions on laser treatment and its side effects.