Hemangioma diaper area - labia - ulcerated! - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 12-14-2013, 03:23 AM

You're welcome Like I said, I have been there and it makes me happy to help others. Thanks for the update! I just wanted to get back to you about the wound care expert. You can email Dr. Serena at serena@serenagroups.com
He might be able to give you some more advice about the ulceration and the pain. Hope this helps!!! Keep us posted!
Shannon
Old 01-07-2014, 06:12 PM

Hi all,
Just wanted to update this thread with the latest status.
We have had 4th laser treatment before Xmas holidays for the ulceration.
It was already looking better when going into the 4th treatment.
Each time after laser session, it took around a week to see healing effects (at least the initial pain decrease)

Before the new year, area looked much better and no more crying while peeing.
Today we had a visit still for getting it checked by the doctor. Everything looks fine and we continue with propranolol treatment. Hopefully that will be the end of ulceration.

Thank you again for everyone. We really appreciate this a lot and grateful.
For anyone else who is going through the same, I would like to suggest couple of things. First one is being proactive in the process. We were lucky to have a doctor who started the propranolol and laser treatment as soon as she saw the situation. I can imagine that not everyone is that lucky to receive fast treatment. It is better to ask for it and refer to others' experiences.
Secondly, when the area is a difficult area (such as diaper area) there is only little that we could apply. It was a painful period and we used quite much of bepanthen on the ulceration. PDL treatment was the key to get it healed but still it took several weeks before it was showing signs of healing.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:07 PM

I am so happy to hear that things are going better! Great news. Also thank you for sharing your suggestions-I'm sure they will be helpful to others who are in the same situation. Keep in touch!
Shannon
Old 06-10-2014, 06:10 AM

Default 2 months baby with hemangioma

Hi everyone,
My baby girl is 2 months we found out she had a H on her diaper area it did not seem to bother her but now she has been crying for the past week I took her to a derm. That her pedia recommended he was honest and told me he couldn't help me and referred me to another dermatologist my appointment is on Thursday but my baby cries every time she pees or whenever he diaper touches. My husband and I are heart broken not being able to help our baby, she is in such pain it was bleeding so I think that made it more painful, I'm glad I'm not the only one but heart broken that this happens to our little ones!!! What can I put on her area so it can stop hurting anything will help!!!!! Thanks
Old 06-12-2014, 02:18 AM

Oh I feel so bad! That must be so painful for her and so difficult for you too. My daughter's hemangioma was in a different location but it was ulcerated and extremely painful and she cried and cried. It hurt her so much and I will never forget how hard that time was. From reading one of the posts above it seems like laser was very helpful in their similar situation. I think I would ask about that on Thursday and maybe ask the doctor how often he/she deals with diaper area hemangiomas since they might be unique in terms of treatment and pain management. You also could email one of the experts here and ask their opinion about what might be the most helpful in your situation, especially in dealing with the pain. Hang in there and keep in touch!
Shannon
Old 07-03-2014, 05:31 AM

Red face H on diaper are

It has been a month since I have updated,Today we took baby girl to her see a cardiologist I thought it was wired that they sent us their, but we are so happy he was able to priscribe propranonlol, Started her doses with .5 ml 3x a day I hope it helps my baby girl, we have seen so many doctors I hope this will work!!!! I have also ordered secura ointment online, has anyone heared anything about it? It supposed to help with the open wound, thanks
Old 07-03-2014, 03:56 PM

Propanolol is pretty commonly prescribed for hemangioma these days-hopefully you will see great results! I have not heard of that ointment before-just make sure you check it with the doctor first. Good luck with everything!
Shannon