17 month old girl w/upper lip hemangioma - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 08-05-2014, 03:42 AM

Great news!!!! Let us know how it goes! Thanks for the update.
Shannon
Old 09-03-2014, 09:24 PM

Hi there! We just had our 3rd appointment yesterday at Duke. They didnt seem as happy with the way the hemangioma responded to the 2nd treatment. We have had a total of 4 laser treatments and it seems slow going. How many treatments does one normally get before it goes away? Sometimes we feel like we are spinning our wheels. So discouraging.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:05 PM

Hi there! For me, it's hard to say because my daughter's laser surgeries were much further down the road- she was 5 and 7 when she had them so it had involuted a lot on its own by then and the laser was to just finish things up. I'm not sure how it works as much when you are at your stage. Hopefully someone else will be able to chime in!

Has the "bulkiness" gone down? You'll have to remind me how old she is now...I was looking at her cute pictures! Maybe it will involute a lot on its own over the next couple of years? My daughter's did fade quite a bit from 18 months till about 4 years of age and then we pretty much hit a stand still. How many more laser treatments do they hope to do?

Hang in there. I know it can be so tough. Hugs to you.
Shannon