Vascular malformation/port wine stain treatment - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Vascular malformation/port wine stain treatment

My son, who is now approaching 9 years, was born with a vascular malformation over his left hand and arm. He was referred to Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital in London for diagnosis. He was seen by Dr Harper of their Birthmark clinic who told us not to be concerned and that should Sam decide later in life to have it "removed" by laser this was not a problem. On reading your website, I see that it is recommended to begin laser therapy as early as possible. I am now confused?