Help for Research to find out if PWS can be Gentic - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 02-09-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Help for Research to find out if PWS can be Gentic

Hi everybody,

A very good friend of mine has PWS on her head, neck and on her back on the spine. She also has more indetailed problems which she thinks she possably might have a different kind of SWS (not of normal conditions).

She has two daughters one with a PWS on her bottom neck which is the oldest and the other has PWS/SWS on the face and head which is the youngest
She also has a son with nothing in the middle. My friend think could
The daughter that has SWS has had two brain surgeries and might need a third to control her seizures. This would be the first reported SWS person to have three brain surgeries and she is only eight years old.

My friend is looking for a gentitis (I think that is how you spell it if) that will do the research for free to do testing (to be a gennypig is the way she put it) to find out if her PWS/possably SWS could have could have caused her daughter's conditions. She can not afford to see this kind of doctor out of her own pocket.

If anybody would like to know more about her and her daughters conditions, or would be interested in donating any kind of money or (if doctor) services to find out more details about this email me personally and I can get you intouch with her. She is open to any kind of testing that could help make some dicoveries.

Thank you for any kind of support.

Hank