AVM on face - Page 2 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 09-27-2003, 11:03 PM
myasmom

Default Re:AVM on face

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtech
My son 4 years old has a VM on his cheek. We are scheduled for staged sclerotherapy at boston childrens hospital with Dr. Burrows. We do not know if this is the right treatment. what are the side affects of this treatment. Any info will be helpful.
THank You

Old 09-27-2003, 11:08 PM
myasmom

My daughter is also seen at Boston Childrens hospital. She is 23, but I have not yet heard of this treatment. Can you tell me a little about it, and what made them decide that your son was a good candidate? I am trying to find some hope for her as well. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:17 AM
Patty

My son is almos 3 years old. He was borned with a vascular malformation in his right cheek, half tongue, inferior lips, palate and the aereal conduct. He received 2 percutaneous embolization in Argentina but it is still growing. I would like to know if you know anybody with something similar, and what is the best treatment for it.
Thank you for the information.
Patty
Sorry for my english. I'm writing from Peru
Old 06-02-2004, 02:43 AM

Patty, I sent you an email.

Corinne
Old 06-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Patty

Hi Corinne:

I have not received your e-mail, please could send it again.
Thank you,
Patty
Old 06-02-2004, 08:55 PM

Patty,

I emailed you again. Twice...sorry...I got your email today and did not put two and two together...so I asked where you were located...I know now.

C
Old 06-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Patty

Hi Corinne:
I want to know if you can help me. Any information will be fine. I am actually in contact with differents institutions to travel to USA (Operation Smile, Jackson Memorial Foundation, Peruvian Social Security, etc). Here in Peru, doctors doesn't have too much experience in treatments for vm and we don't have technology. Next week there will be a medical meeting to see the posibility to accept (Social Security) send my baby to USA for a treatment. Here, they offer me to make a surgery but I think this is not the best treatment for Alonso. That's why I need to contact somebody that have the vm in the tongue, palate, cheek, lips and aereal conduct.
I've contacted Dr. Berenstein in 2002, but now he is very busy. I want to know which is the best treatment for Alonso. I have to explain that to the medical meeting next Tuesday. I have to convinced doctors that here is no solution for Alonso, but in USA yes.
Sorry for my english. I hope you understand me.
Thank you.
Patty
Old 06-05-2004, 12:09 PM
kd

HI Patty,

I sent you and email