Is laser treatment actually working? (Pic's) - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 05-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Nancy Borland

Default Is laser treatment actually working? (Pic's)

I have an 18 month old son with a psw on the left side of his face.* He has had 3 laser treatments and is getting ready for his 4th.* He is having a very gradual fading.* Has/is anyone else going thru treatments and is it working?*
Old 05-20-2005, 04:58 PM
alexasmommy

Default Re: Is laser treatment actually working?

My daughter just turned 4 and her results have been very good. We began when she was six weeks old. She has had an good amount of treatments though. To be honest, most people do not comment on what is still visible. It is still there of course, but most people do not know what they are seeing. Does that make sense?
Her fading is above and beyond my expectations that I had going into treatment. Her doctor has put her fading at 95-100 percent at this point.
Hang in there. It can be a slow process. But dont be surprised if after a tx, you all of a sudden notice a huge difference. Plus, it is hard for you to really judge fading because you see your child everyday. Plus, you are Mommy, and you will always see it.
Elena
Old 05-20-2005, 06:44 PM
alexasmommy

Hi. If you want, I can show you a picture of my daughter . Please let me know.
Elena
Old 05-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Nancy Borland

Pictures would be great. I am very interested to know people with the same situation.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:50 AM
Texasss

I was reading your posts. I think I got an email from you the other day...Thank you for the info in case you didnt get my reply.....My name here has changed--it was Texas and now its Texasss. For some reason I couldnt get my password back so heres the new name. ;D Now as far as your son....My stain is also on the left side of my face, probably much as your sons is. In your questions to others you sound a little worried that the treatments wont work. Just hang in there and no matter how slow the process is, keep doing them as long as he is not being harmed. Having had my stain for 48 years I can promise you that you are doing the right and best thing for him in the long run as far as future self confidence and self esteem is concerned. Good luck and God bless.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Nancy Borland

I would like to post pictures to show my son but each time I have tried it will not work. Can anyone offer any help as to what I need to do?
Old 05-27-2005, 02:44 PM
alexasmommy

Hi after you reply, there is a link at the botom that says additional options.
Click on that and then under attatch, go to browse and search for the picture on your computer. If the picture is too big, it will not take it.
Let me know if this helps.
Elena
Old 05-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Nancy Borland

Here are pictures of my son.* The first is at 9 months before any treatments and the second is at 18 months after having had 3 treatments.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Nancy Borland

Here is the second Picture
Old 05-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Rosie

Default Re: Is laser treatment actually working? (Pic's)

Nancy,
Your little man is adorable. I think you are getting good results. In my experiance, I there won't be any change and then it seems like it changes over night.

My son Samuel has a PWS above his lip under his nose and on his cheek. He is 6 and has been having lasers since he was 3 months old. He is going in again in June for a laser treatment. We are doing a series of 3 this summer for a " tune up".

Rosie