Disapearing act - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 11-06-2005, 02:48 PM
ifritdoa

Default Disapearing act

I`ve read on so many sites that pws become visible after treatment after a while!
Mine is actualy going away but very slowly! (I have not had any treatment)* When I was small it was
on the left side of my face - from my eye over my head and into my neck. But now its only over my eye
and a few random marks on my head!

Has any of you experiance this??

???
Old 11-06-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Disapearing act

Hi David,

First of all welcome to the group.

23 with PWS here.

I personally have not heard of it just disappearing. But it surely is not imposable. Everybodies body is different when it comes to PWS. Depending on what type of PWS you have it might be removeable. Because I am not a doctor I can not tell you for sure but you can always get laser treatment a try and if you do not like it you would not have to try it again. There are physicans in the resources section of this website. One might be in your area.

Have you ever had your eye that the PWS is next to tested for glaucoma? If not I would highly recommend you to see a eye doctor just to make sure. PWS near the eyes always has a risk of causing glaucoma. I have PWS in my eye but do not have glaucoma so I just have to get check regularly because I have a very high risk because of my Sturge Weber Syndrome.

I hope this helps a little. Like I said in the reply on your other post I know exactly what you are going thru. If you ever need to talk every one on this group and I are here for you.

Talk to you soon.

Hank