makeup/pictures? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 11-11-2005, 03:38 PM
MelBel

Default makeup/pictures?

Hi I have a pws covering most of the right side of my face. I wear makeup to cover it, usually Estee Lauder maximum coverage. But I have noticed in pictures (especially those taken with a digital camera) that the part of my face that I wear makeup seems really white and pale. I never want people to take pictures of me because I'm worried part of my face will look like a ghost and not match the rest. Can anyone tell me why it does this and how I can fix it?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:33 AM
sue nelson

Default Re: makeup/pictures?

Hi Mel Bel!

Where do you live? I live in Los Angeles. I am currently working on an infomercial for a new makeup and am looking for women with PWS. If selected, you would get a makeover with the makeup, the makeup to take home with you, and $100. Plus, you would get to be on TV.

Let me know if you live close and if this sounds fun to you!
Sue
Old 11-15-2005, 07:21 AM
clairesmum

Dear Mel Bel

You may want to go to www.birthmarks.com and submit the question to the email group list. There are some real experts out there in make up. Also their is an archive section on topics previously discussed and make up is definately in there.

All the best searching for the answers
Catherine (claire's mum 3yo facial pws)
Old 12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
LoupGarou

I recognize your problem. Digital cameras seem to adjust themselves to the colors/light when the picture is taken. With a white background, you won't look that pale. Many of my friends are asian, that is a problem on pictures, they look radiant, I look.. well, dead. Guess I'll just have to find some new friends, preferably people that are goth

Btw, rouge (or bronze powder in the summer) is a great way to look more "alive"..
Old 12-06-2005, 11:12 PM

Go ask!

http://birthmark.org/expert/ask_the_makeup.php

She'll tell you
Old 12-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Jonellen

I use Dermablend and it covers the PWS on my face 100%. I do not have any problems with pictures.

www.dermablend.com