HOW I COVER UP MY PWS - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 12-22-2005, 03:12 AM
amber_h02

Default HOW I COVER UP MY PWS

I really just want to tell everyone the absolute greatest make up in the world!!* I have a birthmark that goes from the corner of my right eye, down the side of my face, on my ear, down the right side of my neck to my collar bone.* I have been using this special make up ever since I was a sophomore in high school (a total of about 5 years now).* The make up is made in Alaska and the owner of the company is so wonderful!* The make-up line is Impressions By Janet.* All I use is the "Camouflage" I personally use pale, put that right on and then cover it up with the "Creamy Powder" and no one can ever tell.* I even get comments about how good and even my skin looks!!* It doesn't have that cakey or powdery effect either.* I have to physically wash my face with soap and water to actually show someone I have a birthmark, which I do not do very often!!* It covers it up so well.* And the best thing is, it stays on ALL day!* Also it doesn't come off when your in the water, like swimming in the pool or ocean, and even stays on when you sweat!* I know in high school I was on the softball team and I hated putting my hair up in a pony tail because people would stare at it, but when I finally found this make up, it didn't matter, because they couldn't see it!* I love this make up so much, and a little goes a long way.* The Camouflage I only have to by two or three each year, the creamy powder I have to buy four or five each year, but it is well, WELL worth it!!* I hope I don't sound like a sales person, I am not, I just want everyone to see what I use because it works so good.* If you don't live in Alaska, the internet is really the only way to get the make up, so here is the website.* http://www.impressionsbyjanet.com/Face.html Really, go and visit it, even try it out.* I promise you will not be disappointed!!!* If you want, tell her Amber sent you!* she is such a wonderful person, if you want I can even show you pictures of how well it works!* *I hope everyone who reads this at least visits the website, I promise it works so good, I can't stress it enough!!!!*

Amber*
Old 12-22-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: HOW I COVER UP MY PWS

Hi Amber,

I am 23 with facial PWS.

I was wondering if you could post a before and after picture on this topic. When you are typeing a message click on additional options at the bottom and you can put two pictures on so the group can see. I have came acrossed several people looking for a good make up to cover there PWS that might be interested.
Remember though with using make up to cover your PWS you are only hideing it from the real world.
Being a guy and the level of my PWS make up has never worked well for me. I have tried. PWS can grow which mine has and putting the make up over that area looks like a I have a fat lip and eyebrows. I strongly recommend keeping an eye on your PWS. If you start to see small pimple like bumbs on any part of the PWS that will not go away those could be bleps and could lead to coblestone. Laser treatment can remove this. Do not let them grow they only will cause more problems.

I am glad you found this make up and am glad it is working for you.
Talk to you later.

Hank
Old 12-22-2005, 10:33 PM
amber_h02

I would be happy to post before and after pictures.....but as of right now, I can only post the after....I just had my first laser surgery so its really bruised, but as soon as it heals up a bit, I'll definitely post the before picture. But just so everyone knows again, my birthmark goes from the corner of my right eye, down the side of my face, goes out on my cheek and toward my mouth, on my ear (and inside), and also down my neck to my collarbone. The picture is at my sisters wedding in 2004. If you strain, you can kind of see my birthmark on my neck, I didn't really have adequate time to get ready!! I had to get ready for the wedding in like twenty minutes!! But I hope this helps at least one person out!! Merry Christmas everyone!

Amber
Old 01-11-2006, 03:00 AM
maestra

Hi Amber. I am 29 with a facial PWS, and for the first time in my life I have found a sufficient makeup as well. The Bare Minerals line (yes, the one from the infomercials!) does a better job for me than anything before. However, I wonder if combining it with the cover-up you recommend would be even better. I hope you will have to post your before picture; I wonder if a birthmark as dark as mine can be covered as well as yours. Also, could you tell me how the cover-up is applied? I didn't see info about that on the website.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Jonellen

Thanks for the info. I have a make-up that I really like using now that works as well as yours. However, I contacted Janet and she is going to send me samples to give this make-up a try as well. Janet is so nice and even though I'm satisified with what I use now, I'm willing to give this a try and see if it works better or not. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 PM
katie818

Amber,
I was wondering.... when you put on the makeup could other people tell that you have it on? thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Jose32

Hey,

LIke Hank said can we just the before and after picture?
And what color is your birthmark?

I'd appreciate it.
And thanks for this topic.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Jose32

see*

Does anyone else know good makeup?