VM in left thigh & RSD - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 02-21-2007, 09:52 PM

Default VM in left thigh & RSD

I am 34 years old and have an extensive VM in my left thigh. I've had 3 sclerotherapy procedures in the last year with a lot of complications. I wasn't able to walk last summer without crutches for 3 1/2 months. I've also had symptoms of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), where the pain goes down my leg into my foot and my foot turns cold/numb. Has anyone else had RSD symptoms associated with a VM? I've seen a neurologist and have had 3 nerve blocks that didn't really help. All my motor nerves test fine. I've had the 3 sclerotherapy procedures in Charlotte, NC with a dr that is registered on this site. He can't explain my RSD symptoms. He suggested I e-mail Dr. Konez on this site for his opinion, but I do not get a confirmation e-mail or a response. I just tried to post again. I am wondering if there is a clinic that I need to go to that can treat these multiple symptoms I have. I am not sure that the sclerotherapy is making me better or worse. I have been in constant pain since July 2005 (never had any symptoms prior to that, although I was very active). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kim
Old 02-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Hi Kim,

How long ago did you write to Dr. Konez? I can check up on it.

Many times, though, services like AOL, Yahoo, or Hotmail block what they see as automatic submissions from websites and put our confirmation notices in their "trash" (not even the SPAM folder... they just delete it altogether!!).

Thanks,

Missy
Old 02-21-2007, 11:12 PM

Missy,
I first e-mailed Dr. Konez on 11/1/06, I did get a return to sender error (to my yahoo e-mail) so then I used the Contact VBF page and re-sent the e-mail and never heard anything. I just sent one today but have not gotten a confirmation yet that it was received.
Thanks,
Kim