Pregnancy and VM, success story - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > AVM Help > AVM Help and Resources

Old 09-08-2007, 05:19 PM

Smile Pregnancy and VM, success story

Hi all! I had been on this board before under the name christielee21, but forgot my password and no longer have the registered email.

I am a 22 year old with a venous malformation of the left foot. I also have smaller malformations on my left leg, and a small one in the vaginal area.

I had always been concerned with pregnancy, since hormones tend to make VMs larger or possibly spread, and also because of the location of my VMs.

On July 31, I had my beautiful baby girl, Aydia, with NO complications!

I will admit that during the pregnancy, my VM did become quite uncomfortable. However, it was only due to the pregnancy causing my feet to swell. I had to wear comfortable shoes and keep my foot compressed and elevated at night for the last trimester of my pregnancy. There were days that the pain was so severe that I could barely put pressure on my foot... and basically limped around from place to place. But most days the pain was quite bearable. My doctor prescribed some tylenol w/ codeine for those bad days, which helped significantly.

I had no trouble with the vaginal VM, and even had a vaginal delivery. After the delivery, my foot had swollen greatly, and remained quite swollen and painful for about a week and a half. It then returned to the pre-pregnancy size and hasn't hurt since.

I wanted to share this with the board, because I had spent a few years worrying whether I would be able to have children because of my VM's and their locations, and I had read some scary warnings about pregnancy & VMs.
It worked for me!!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:40 PM

Congratulations! I went through infertility (totally unrelated to anything birthmark-related) but I know the stress of wondering if you will ever have children so I wanted to say how happy I am for you!

Zoe
Old 09-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Congratulations on your new baby!

Thanks for coming back and sharing with us.

Missy
Old 09-10-2007, 12:39 AM

Christie !
Congratulations!
THanks soo much for sharing the success story!

My daughter is 18 w/ KT /vascular involvement in her pelvic area. A healthy pregnancy ,,, of course after she's 30, is one of the important things I hope she can experience later in life -- Seeing your story certainly is comforting.

Good luck with your days ahead. I would like to keep in touch if possible-
My email is lisa.williams99@gmail.com

Lisa W
Addie's mom
Madison MS