Fight with Insurance Company for Laser Treatment? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM

Default Fight with Insurance Company for Laser Treatment?

Hello!

My son had a hemangioma on his nose which was removed surgically last year but our doctor advised that he would need laser treatments as well. So we are undergoing the laser treatments and our insurance company won't pay for them as they claim it is just cosmetic. Our doctor is appealing their decision and I will be sending a letter as well. Has anyone else had this issue with laser treatments not being covered? Were you successful in your appeals? I am going to fire a letter off to them this week but I need to get some facts together first.
Thanks!
Steph
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Have you written to our Insurance Appeal expert?

http://birthmark.org/experts.php

She can probably help!

Missy
Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 AM

Steph - my name is Sherri Foster and I have been writing quit a bit of appeal letters lately. I am happy to share - after my daughter Rachel went through 10 lasers and other procedures, with all the appeals - I ended up being somewhat of an expert myself - if there is any such thing. The one thing I learned - you must grab ahold and hang on. Don't give up. I am happy to share what I have learned if you like you can e-mail me sherrirfoster@sbcglobal.net.

Best of luck to you and don't give up.

Sherri