Forehead Hemangioma Excision-Next week with Dr. Waner! - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 05-05-2008, 04:29 AM

Default Forehead Hemangioma Excision-Next week with Dr. Waner!

Hi everyone,
Next week my daughter is scheduled for an Excision of her forehead Hemangioma. I am comfortable with Dr. Waners reputation, but I am SO nervous about the whole thing. I will post photos when I return from the trip. I am flying all the way to NYC from Guam, so this entire thing has been long in the works. Between the travel, insurance, and details, the date is finally near! Wish us luck!

Cristine
Eva's Mommy

I have included a photo of what she looks like now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0963sm.JPG (49.8 KB, 76 views)
Old 05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Best of luck! Can't wait to hear how things turn out!

Missy
Old 05-05-2008, 04:56 PM

Hi Christine,
I was in New York last week for a lower lip H excision on my 8 month old daughter, Brooke. Everything went very well. Dr. Waner, Dr. Levitin and their team were so kind and compassionate. They answered all of my questions and helped ease my anxiety about the procedure. Brooke's lip is looking great and will only get better as time goes on. The travel, insurance issues etc...., are stressful. But your baby is in the best hands and you will have a wonderful outcome.
Brooke was very fussy when she came out of anesthesia, so expect that. She also had gas pains that made her very crabby for a day or two after the procedure. Please email me if you want to chat. Jfrischhertz@hotmail.com.

Your baby is beautiful. Have a safe trip. You will be thrilled with the outcome, I'm sure. Jennifer Frischhertz
Old 05-05-2008, 09:08 PM

Hi,

My son Roberto is scheduled to see Dr. Waner in July.....we're looking for Hotel information since we are traveling from Ohio. The "H" is on the forehead just like you child's..... how long will your stay be and where exactly will the procedure be done? Are the parents able to stay in the Hospital or will it request a Hotel expense? How long will my son have to stay in the Hospital?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:27 AM

Keep us posted. We wish you well! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Corinne