Steroid injections - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 PM

Default Steroid injections

Has anyone has success with steroid injections? I am not sure if i should push for removal of the hemangioma or if these will help. It is staring to go into her eye area and I am so scared.
Thank you all for being a part of this community!
Old 10-03-2008, 02:00 PM

My daughter had one steroid injectioin and then oral steroids but in her case it did not work. Although from what I have heared they often do work.

Her H is also around her eye and behind her eye and has affected her vision. Please try not to worry (easier said than done), my daughter is now 15 months old and has also had 3 general anaesthetics (2 for MRI scans) and 1 for an op to debulk some of the H from her eyelid. We live in the UK and they will not remove H's if they can help it, in my daughter's case we approached one of the experts on this site and he said that due to the area removal of an H may be difficult and that laser may be the first thing to do.

The only advise I can give you is to keep going back to you Dr if you are worried or things are not happening quick enough.

Lo
Old 10-06-2008, 01:09 AM

My daughter had a stroid injection in July for her lip hemangioma w/ Dr Levitin. She was 6 months old at the time. Within the first 72 hours her lip went down about 20%. Now I think its getting worse again and she goes back on Tuesday to see if she needs another one. At first the Dr thought she would need only 1 injection but it doesnt seem to be working as good as planned. I was thinking the same thing (is it easier to just have the surgery) I'm going to ask on Tues. Good luck with everything.