Can anyone share a description of your pain? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Old 09-14-2010, 02:04 PM

Default Can anyone share a description of your pain?

Can anyone describe any pain caused by their vascular malformation? Mine is deep and tangled in my tricep. My arm feels like I have a blood pressure cuff on and someone is driving a nail in it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? My doctor says that this is not typical but I would like to know if anyone else has pain with theirs.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:33 PM

i really can't say. when i am sick the pain is horrible and i can hardly move. sharp pain makes me wanna pass out. My left ear always feels like i'm gonna get a fever.

presently i have problems with the left side of my neck, shoulder back. sometimes the pain winces all the way down the elbow. I feel like someone is shoving a steel rod threw my shoulder blade threw to the chest. Pinching, burning with my neck. I drive alot. automatic. Curvy road. but even when i take the bus or taxi i am still having constant problems that is sometimes worse at night. i also get headaches, bad enough i can barely function.

My doctor is beginning to question if it has something to do with my birthmark. now it could be anything from the arthritis, muscles spasms. i've had my neck xrayed years ago but the neck is more straight when the bone should be curved. but again, while i get spasms on the right side its mostly the left these days. I am hoping MRIs will rule out any vascular problems.

Personally i think i just need a really good massage lol
Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 PM

OMG! Yes, driving is the worst! I went to the extent of having to buy a manual car. But just riding in the car for any length of time is horrible. I took a drive for 3 hours a couple of weeks ago and I had to imediatly lay down and take some vicodin for the pain. It almost makes ya sick. I keep telling the doctor that but he says that is not typical to have pain with a vm. I always say it feels like a burning and someone is driving a rail road spike into my tricep. That is not what I am reading after finding this site. Mine is in my tricep but it kinda pinches in my neck and shoulder, I think because it puts pressure on the ulnar nerve.

I am adicted to massage to get some temporary relief! It is a must!

Thanks for the reply! It makes me feel like I'm not a nut case!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 AM

you could still be a nut case lol. My caburater refused to idle so i had to keep one foot on the gas all the time, brake with the other and alternate between netural an second gear and it really did a number on me. very dependent on the car so didn't really have a choice kinda dangerous to drive like that but i got it fix

yes something puts pressure on the nerves to cause that pinching, right at the base of the neck, shoulder. sometimes our bodies react differently.

i went to my doc today. oh damn i got meds i think is hitting me. just took the nightime one if i sleep that will be great but i know i still gotta find someone to rub out some of the tension. ohhhh sweet a med that finally might knock me out. ok no doggys sleeping in my room tonight. the bed is mine all mine. better be not 3am wake up call from doggies. don't have to drive tomorrow sweeeet
Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Administrator

LOL Kay!

Hope you had sweet dreams!

Missy
Old 09-16-2010, 12:26 AM

nope. woke up at 12:30. all three dogs moved into the room and the puppy doesn't sleep much but i am too soft to kick them out again.

pain did seem less at night.