Timolol for scalp Hemangioma - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 06-10-2015, 02:56 AM

Wink Timolol for scalp Hemangioma

Hi everyone, I hope I can help a little by sharing my experience. My baby girl has just turned 4 months and like most hemangioma cases, she was born with no signs of it until 6 weeks. She had a small red mark on her scalp close to her soft spot by 9 weeks it got a little raised and by 15 weeks the red mark got bigger and more raised. She has a compound Hemangioma. We starred using timolol gel about 4 weeks ago and here are the results. I heard you have to continuously use timolol for a long period of time like 6 months to see good results but I can see change of colour and no growth at all since we started using Timolol gel.

I hope this can give you some hope and the most important is: ****the earlier you start the treatment the better, so you can prevent it from growing****
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4074.jpg (55.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-10-2015, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Thank you so much for posting this. It really does help other parents to come here and be able to SEE results in other children.

Keep us updated on her progress, if you will.

Missy