Hemangioma on Nose - Page 5 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 03-23-2010, 02:06 AM

Hi,

My DD2 also has a hemangioma on her nose and between her eyes. She is 6 weeks and started propanolol treatment 4 weeks ago. We have seen some slight regression but I think it will be a slow process.

I am in Sydney Australia and there is not alot of support groups out there so I am finding much comfort in reading all this information.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2010, 01:18 AM

Hi,

Here is Ouest at 4 1/2 months. She has had three laser treatments on her nose and is going to have a fourth this week. As you can see her nose looks pretty good. There is still some red/purple, but it hasn't expanded, and in fact the shape has improved quite a bit since we started about three months ago. Nobody even notices that she has it. Dr. Delfanian remains pleased with our progress and so do we. The laser treatment causes very little distress and is forgotten about in ten minutes. The plan remains to continue treatments once a month probably through the first year, until the proliferation stage has passed.

Anyway, just wanted to update everybody and let you know we're happy with the treatment thus far.

Pat, Ali, and Ouest
www.bumfuzzle.com

Old 05-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Administrator

LOL Love the drool-y thing!!

She looks great!

Missy
Old 05-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Default After Laser #4

Ouest had her fourth laser treatment the other day. It went very well, as usual. She handles these really well. They don't seem to cause her any more pain than a shot.

The last two treatment there hasn't been any real obvious results. The Dr. says this is because it is getting better. There isn't as much hemangioma near the surface to burn and scab up.

We also treated a small H on her right bicep. It is only about the size of the tip of a pencil, but whenever it begins to rise up a little bit we hit it with the laser. This one hasn't progressed at all either and we aren't too concerned.

Anyway, here is a pic the day of the treatment. It's slightly more swollen for a couple of days afterwards, but then goes back down but with less color than before.

All the best.

Pat and Ali
www.bumfuzzle.com
Old 05-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Administrator

She is just sooooo precious!!

Missy
Old 05-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Hi
I am so glad u meet a good doctor and ur baby is lucky to have both smart and brave mum and dad.You have made a right decision to laser it at earlier earlier earlier....time which I did not do.Sigh.....

Our malaysia doctor said even it was confirm as H at earlier stage, they still hv to wait until its grow then confirm to use LASER.It is totally different view with ur doctor.

I am proud of u.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 PM

Default Laser number 5

Ouest had her fifth laser treatment yesterday. She did very well, as always. She is becoming a little more aware however, and we're anticipating this becoming a little more traumatic in the coming months as she realizes she is about to get hurt. Even if it is only for a quick moment.

Dr. Delfanian says it looks very good. He says the superficial H that was on the edge of her nostril when we began all of this in Feb. has all be disappeared. There is virtually no more red coloring. All that is really left now is the deep H, which thankfully doesn't seem to have progressed at all. We're hopeful that we'll begin to see a slight shrinking in this as well. If nothing else, it appears that as Ouest's nose grows the size of the deep H stays the same, making it less and less noticeable.

She also has an H on her right bicep that we've been treating whenever it begins to raise up. It is about the size of a pencil eraser. It hasn't presented any problems either. The laser flattens it right out and leaves it looking like just a small bruise.

Anyway, done for another month and feeling good.

This was taken just a couple of hours after the treatment. Within a couple of days the slight redness ("burning") will disappear and the little bit of swelling will go down too.

Oh, I should also mention this. When the doctor first saw her he told us that her eyelids and the V on her forehead were also Hemangiomas. Her eyelids appeared sort of "veiny" I guess is how I'd describe them. The V on her forehead is exactly as you'd picture it as it seems like so many children have this. Anyway, the eyelids have begun to look much better and are about 75% clear now. Her V is still there, but comes and goes seemingly based on her mood and how much sleep she's gotten.

Last edited by bumfuzzle : 06-05-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:45 AM

Default Missing Doctor :(

Not to steal attention away from your post ... We meet you at dr delfonians office. We have the girl we the large upper lip hemangioma our girls played.. Nice to see your progress with your daughter... Anyways not to babble but we had an appt for the 4th of june and went to the nicollet address and his office was stripped no name plate or anything left.. I'm guessing he moved offices? I hope so since we got no notice and travelled down there to find nothing we even called the building manager and they didn't know he had moved his practice... Any advice/information you have would be awesome... We don't want to have to find another doc so soon after having positive results. Please private message or if you can text our cell phone it would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks Karl Jen Kyira Kamryn and Kaylynn... (218-280-5994)
Old 06-08-2010, 12:25 AM

Hi Kyira,

I just sent you a message. Let me know if you got it.

Pat
Old 07-16-2010, 11:35 PM

Congratulation on your beautiful baby girl!

Our 7 weeks old baby girl has the same hemangioma on the nose and the forehead, is almost exactly the same.
My husband is American, i am Honduran, and we are living in Honduras, we are looking forward to take our baby to Miami Childen's Hospital, but our insure company does not pay outside central America, do you know how much the treatment cost? i know every case is different but just to have an idea.
Thank you, and hope you baby is getting better.