I have a beautiful 6 months old boy with PVS on his right cheek and ears with neck involvement.
He went through 2 laser treatments without GA as far. I am afraid putting him through GA after reading recent Times Magazine articles of possible links of repeated GA in infanthood and possible learning difficulties.
I'm attaching some photos for you to see how does he looks like post treatment.
The doctor tries his best, but there are some hits and misses... my baby is covered in red dots after the treatment
rather than one red clean area that covers well the PVS, (as I've seen in some infant post treatment photos).
The treatment last couple of minutes each time, since we don't want to traumatize my baby too much. We haven't had a chance to treat ears/neck yet... ehh yep we may have to do many more treatment as a downfall of our choice..
I still don't know if I have made a good decision to put him through it without GA, yet I just couldn't do it knowing the known, as well as the suspected risks of it. Is anyone out there with similar problems and any solutions?