PWS on 1 years olds hand and full arm... Need advice - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Port Wine Stain Help > Port Wine Stain Help and Resources

Old 03-10-2015, 11:48 PM

Default PWS on 1 years olds hand and full arm... Need advice

Hi

My 1 year old has a portwine stain on her arm , hand , front of chest abd upper back. We are currently on our second laser treatment and both sessions have responded very well. However the doctors have only treated the back, chest and arm until tee shirt level. I would like to treat the full arm and hand. They say there is less success here though. I understand that but I think it would be better looking that as it is today. Any advice ? Or good responses from anyone who has treated their lower arm and hand ?

Much appreciated
Old 03-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

I think they're correct when they say there is less success in certain areas. But, that doesn't really mean NO success. Push for the treatment if you want to see if it will fade some.

Sometimes you have to be pushy.

Missy
Old 03-11-2015, 10:49 PM

Will do Missy. Thank you
Old 03-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Anytime! Let us know how things turn out. It's hard to be all pushy, but really, sometimes you have to be. I remember talking to my family physician about wanting to run some additional tests for my thyroid ... nothing "out there" or "alternative." As she was shaking her head side to side, I said, "This is information that I want so I can have a complete picture of my health at this time. I can find another physician that will work with me."

I had PRACTICED saying that in the mirror. I had made sure to use certain words ... "information I want," "complete picture," and "work with me." And, of course, it worked and she ordered the tests.

But how sad that we can't just sit down and have a conversation with our physicians, isn't it?

So, do come in and let me know how it goes!!

Missy