I really need help - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 07-30-2010, 01:06 AM

Default I really need help

Well i'm 17 and I have a BROWN birthmark on the back of my right thigh. Luckily it is near the top so I can wear shorts but I always get paranoid incase my shorts go up a little bit and you can see it. It has hair growing out of it. Now I am quite hairy well I have hairy legs but my birthmark seems to be 10x more hairy!

Now being a lad, I suppose i'm lucky as we usually tend to wear jeans well in the UK anywho, so if I was a girl I wouldn't ever wear skirts, dresses etc. But I feel really horrible about it. I hate the fact it's there. It is about the size of half a 10 note, or dollar etc so it's like an average size. I feel for the people who have them all over their backs, legs etc but I want to know can I get this removed on the NHS? as I don't have any kind of money to afford it

Please comment back!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:35 AM

research birthmarks in the UK an see what sites may come up. sorry thats about all i got. good luck man. Its already there not much you can do about it but wear pants to hide it. You still a human being. always remember that
Old 11-14-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisme123 View Post
Well i'm 17 and I have a BROWN birthmark on the back of my right thigh. Luckily it is near the top so I can wear shorts but I always get paranoid incase my shorts go up a little bit and you can see it. It has hair growing out of it. Now I am quite hairy well I have hairy legs but my birthmark seems to be 10x more hairy!

Now being a lad, I suppose i'm lucky as we usually tend to wear jeans well in the UK anywho, so if I was a girl I wouldn't ever wear skirts, dresses etc. But I feel really horrible about it. I hate the fact it's there. It is about the size of half a 10 note, or dollar etc so it's like an average size. I feel for the people who have them all over their backs, legs etc but I want to know can I get this removed on the NHS? as I don't have any kind of money to afford it

Please comment back!
You can try getting a consultation with a dermatologist. Then ask questions about what options you have. Though having a birthmark isn't so big of a deal. I don't think any one really minds and if someone does, then it's their loss.