Nevus of Ota? - Page 10 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Old 09-29-2013, 11:59 PM

I am so glad that I started this thread. I have lived my entire life with Nevus of Ota and only now feel that there are others out there who understand.

@MrmMommy, Thank you so much for making and posting your makeup video. You are very beautiful and I cried when I saw your face because it's so much like mine. We pretty much have the exact same mark.

@acetra, Thank you for sharing your story and encouraging words. I'm especially grateful for your words to women about dating. This is one of my greatest fears about my mark. I am working on facing the fear of dating and allowing someone to see me without my makeup "mask."

I'm so grateful for all of you!!! Keep sharing your thoughts and experiences. It's really helping everyone who lands on this forum/thread.

God bless,
Dee
Old 09-30-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
Hi Dee,

Nice to meet you and I just want say that I have the exactly the same birthmark in my left eye and people also ask me what happened to my eye but I'm a guy so makeup doesn't help and they think I'm a cage fighter as I have a blue eye 24/7/365. I thought I was the only one until a doctor provided me with correct diagnoses after 30 years and I started googling and I found you very funny.

I would like share some pics.

Clive
I'm glad you found us! It also took me 30 years to figure out what my mark was actually called!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoss83 View Post
I just want to say a big thank you to Acetra for your lovely post about being beautiful on the inside being more important. I shed a little tear...
Me too! This is such a wonderful and encouraging post!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:30 AM

@Mauve3, Thank you for sharing your story about your birthmark. I identify with the things you wrote. I am glad to have this community of other people who can truly understand the emotional pain associated with this birthmark. What I hate the most is having people ask me "What happened to your eye?" The people who usually ask me this question the most are store clerks when I am buying something. So they are strangers. People who know me or who I become friends with or work with usually don't ever ask me about it. I only had a few kids in school make comments about it.

I now wear makeup everyday. It's a good cover with good pigmentation called Cover FX. It covers it about 95%.

Please don't be down on yourself about your birthmark. If it makes you feel better to cover it with makeup, you should. You can reveal it to the people who you are closet to when the time is right. But I like wearing make up so that I don't have to deal with nosy questions from complete strangers who I am not invested in relationship with. I figure that people dress themselves to present to the world and only a select few people (family, spouse, close friends) ever really see the bare you because they are special. I would prefer to wear my makeup "mask" out in the world so that I can walk through the world more comfortably and with less hassle. Plus, I just like makeup because it's fun!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoss83 View Post
Hi,

I didn't know it could get qorse after pregnancy... I guess it makes sense if there is a change in hormones. (I got mine at puberty).

Which make up do you use??
Sorry taken so long to reply yes it's all to do with hormones so pregnancy affects it!! I use cover mark although I know that mac is very good also a more natural is hard to get a natural effect because of the blue colour but I use a thin layer of white as a base and then apply my makeup!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm.mommy View Post
Oh im so happy I found this site, i'm 22 years old and i have the nevus of ota and always asked questions like
*"What happened to your face?" .
*"Were you in a car accident*.
* Oh i thought you were in a fight**
Or act like they cant hear me say its a birthmark and ask twice
For me I was born with it. it use to very light on the top of my head as a baby then as I grew it went down to my right side of my face over my eye and blue in my inside my eye. to me it seemed that as a kid other kids were so mean to me and teased me about it, but as I got older more guys seem to like it about it and found me attractive. I still get very insecure about it and try to cover it up. I'm so worried that my kids friends will tease them about me. I'm going to upload two pictures one after i gave birth to my son and one where i try to cover it.
I think you look beautiful!!! I know what you mean about your children's friends teasing them about it I worry myself having 3 children myself!!
No one apart from my children and family see me with no makeup on and when I go out I always wear sun glasses which really I shouldn't as I should be happy in my own skin but as we all know living like this is very hard when we live in such beauty obsessed society!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm.mommy View Post
hey guys i just made a youtube video about covering my nevus of ota to try and get more awareness of it out there as well as some questions on if dermablend works or how to cover it please check it out and help me spread the word on our type of birthmark. i will probably be doing a video with info on it soon too! thanks guys!@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FMM-CGCJTY
I'm pretty sure I have seen u in the utube video even before reading this post as had googled a few weeks ago how to cover a pigment was an amazing video the coverage was amazing!!! If u haven't seen it yet guys check it out!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM

Thank everybody.
goldclub promotion goldclub slot
Old 11-09-2013, 10:08 PM

Hello!
I'm 23 years old and i have Nevus of ota birthmark to. It's not around my eten, but in my eye. I think we all have the same issue: everybody want's to know what happend..
I''m 100% dutch, so it's not only in Asia. I already have this since i was born. Like to meet people who have nevus of ota to!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:27 PM

Default I'm jelyn. I have nevus of ota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danique View Post
Hello!
I'm 23 years old and i have Nevus of ota birthmark to. It's not around my eten, but in my eye. I think we all have the same issue: everybody want's to know what happend..
I''m 100% dutch, so it's not only in Asia. I already have this since i was born. Like to meet people who have nevus of ota to!
Hello! I'm jelyn, a filipino. I have nevus of ota on the left side of my face. I'm 27 years old. I had laser treatment. I'f you want to know something that i can share, I'd be glad to