Nevus of Ota? - Page 14 - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Adults Living with Birthmarks

Old 04-22-2014, 02:40 PM

I had my first session of YAG laser a month ago. My birthmark became less black (I think). I will take the second experience next week. My dermatologist says it's necessary 3 sessions to see any good result. Well, I may believe that...
Old 04-22-2014, 06:40 PM

Hi luiza. It will lighten over time when you have your sessions. Good luck with it. Keep us updated with your progress��
Old 04-28-2014, 03:19 PM

thinguyen, Your pics are amazing. I can't believe you ever had nevus! Would you mind sharing your before pics so that we can see the difference in your before and after?

I'm amazed at how many people have replied to this thread and have this birthmark. I don't feel so alone anymore!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:44 PM

Hi there. Thats good you dont feel alone. I didnt realise hoe many people have the same birthmark as well. Are you getting yours treated. Eg laser done? I will have to pull up some really old pictures to show everyone :-)
Old 05-01-2014, 05:09 AM

Hello everyone, i am 34 with a nevus of ota under my right eye. I have been reading this thread and i think what everyone has been telling here suits what i have on my face right now. I have had experience all forms of discrimination, ridicule, shame, etc. people make fun of me. I consulted a dermatologist and she told me about NDYAG laser procedure. Is this really effective?

Thinguyen, wow you have the most amazing result. Please do post an old photo of you so we could see the major change. You are an inspiration. Thank you.

Last edited by hellasheila : 05-01-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:04 AM

Hi everyone and welcome:-) im waiting to get the old pictures of me hidden in a dark deep closet. Lol. Once i get my hands on them i will post some:-)
And yes the yag laser is very effective. Painful but effective !li love hearing everyones experiences :-)
Old 05-02-2014, 01:41 PM

Well, I'm trying to write in english... Sorry for any mistakes.
I have had my second laser YAG session two days ago. How said thinguyen it was paintful. This time my skin became red and my birthmark more black. I know that it's temporary and I wil be patient...
Sometimes I think that I am so old to try this kind of experience, but like the most people that have the same "problem", my big dream is don't need use any kind of cosmetic to hide my birthmark.
I can't complain about my live. The birthmark don't affect my personal and profissional life (may be because since my 15 I use a lot of foundation).
Now, I'm retired and want to live at beach, an feel the wind on my clean face... A big dream, it'snt?
Old 05-03-2014, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza Tieko View Post
Well, I'm trying to write in english... Sorry for any mistakes.
I have had my second laser YAG session two days ago. How said thinguyen it was paintful. This time my skin became red and my birthmark more black. I know that it's temporary and I wil be patient...
Sometimes I think that I am so old to try this kind of experience, but like the most people that have the same "problem", my big dream is don't need use any kind of cosmetic to hide my birthmark.
I can't complain about my live. The birthmark don't affect my personal and profissional life (may be because since my 15 I use a lot of foundation).
Now, I'm retired and want to live at beach, an feel the wind on my clean face... A big dream, it'snt?
Despite of having an okay life and family, i still thought of trying an NDYag Laser treatment. Like you, I also want to free myself from sticky foundations/concealers/bb creams and powder. I really wanted to get rid of this mark. This is what i longed for ever since i were a child. I guess we're not really too old to dream, right? LOL..

I am just wondering what made you say that your birthmark has darken after your NDYag Laser treatment. Have you tried asking your dermatologist about your observation? I am scheduled to have my first procedure next month. I hope we could help each other by sharing our observations,progress,results.

Thank you.

Last edited by hellasheila : 05-03-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinguyen View Post
Hi everyone and welcome:-) im waiting to get the old pictures of me hidden in a dark deep closet. Lol. Once i get my hands on them i will post some:-)
And yes the yag laser is very effective. Painful but effective !li love hearing everyones experiences :-)
Here's the pic of my birthmark. I hope NDYag will work wonder on this.

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2014, 02:22 PM

Hi Hellasheila

My birthmark it's de same, but in the left side. Yes, after my second session, I observed dark and redness in my skin. I think it's temporary, because a days after my first session, my birthmark became more light. Then, I'm waiting... I read that the laser "destroy" the melanine and the body will absorve it. This process it'snt fast I think... Good luck for you in your first procedure! It's so good change experiences, this forum help me a lot, mainly to feel that I'm not alone.