daughter's hair isn't growing where hemangioma was - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 05-03-2011, 02:42 AM

Default daughter's hair isn't growing where hemangioma was

my daughter has a fairly large segmental hemangioma on the side of her head. although propranolol has practically made it disappear, her hair is growing VERY slowly in this area. now that she is finally starting to get some hair, it's pretty noticeable that it isn't growing there. did anyone else have this experience? will it grow there eventually or is everyone different?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM

Did it leave a scar? My daughter's on her scalp was removed but before it was there was little to no hair growing on the hemangioma.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:40 AM

she is still taking propranolol and that has kept it at bay. we were lucky we started so early (3 weeks), so it never became raised. you can still see faint traces of it, mostly down the back of her neck, but the hair just isn't growing in that area.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 PM

I have the same question - my daughter has 2 H's on her scalp as well. Although doctor said it will not affect hair growth, I can definitely see a difference in hair density of this area compared to elsewhere on her head. Anyone has more experience? Will hair starts to grow after the H's are involuted?