Facial Tissue Expander - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  

1994 - 2014 Celebrating 20 years with 75,000 networked into treatment, over 3,000,000 views monthly on our world wide websites, virtual chapters on 6 of the 7 continents in the world, 500 families provided free lodging while seeking a medical opinion or treatment,over 400 conference scholarships awarded, 200 Day of Awareness events, 15 conferences, 12 programs (including our Ask/Accept Anti Bullying Program),10 walk/runs, 6 research projects funded, 4 physician education grants awarded, 4 college scholarships awarded, 3 Galas, and 2 International Missions Trips with over 300 treated by our international team.
Donate to VBF

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 10-20-2011, 02:14 PM

Default Facial Tissue Expander

I was just wondering if anyone has an before and after pictures of their children that have had facial tissue expanders / reconstruction. We'd love to see that. Bella will start this process in the spring and we are mentally preparing ourselves! lol

Carrie
Old 10-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Hi Carrie,

I know there are a couple of parents who have experience with this, but they haven't posted in a long time. I doubt that they will see your message. I'll ask around, though, and see if anyone has another resource for that.

How are you guys otherwise?

Missy
Old 10-21-2011, 05:05 PM

Bella is doing great. She's really come a long way! She's in Pre-K this year. She went to P-3 last year for 3 year olds but the 4 yr old class is really great. She's learning so much and really enjoys it.

We are trying to prepare for the spring with her upcoming procedures. She is really "not a fan of doctors" (her words) so we really haven't talked about it much. She says her birthmark is getting better and she cries anytime she thinks she has to go to the doctor for her birthmark. I feel so bad about that.

I know there are different opinions on treatments but I feel that we have come this far that we need to go for goal and finish the treatment. She'll thank us later, I am sure.

I know that alot of us old timers haven't been on here. My last log in was Dec. 2010 when I got on here yesterday! I am just as bad!

Take Care,
Carrie
Old 10-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear she's doing so well. 4K was a fun year for us, I remember. They gain so much in that one year, it's neat to watch.

I agree... I'm sure she will understand later that it's better for her to get treatment now. If she even remembers when she's older. I'd be interested to know if she has very many memories of it when she's older anyway.

Keep us posted and thanks for the update!!

Missy
Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 PM

You might want to ask your physician if he/she can share photos with you as well.