message to missy about spam post - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 09-25-2011, 08:10 PM

Default message to missy about spam post

Sorry! I'm not sure the best way to contact you. I'm not sure if you are aware but sometimes when you go on the twins with birthmarks forum there is a new message with obscene pictures. The screen name is: eebasheng. It just showed up there now. The post is from a few days ago and it shows up the first time you click on the thread but not always (maybe depends on whether or not you are signed in?) It's really, really bad. I'm not sure if you can do something about it!

Shannon
Old 09-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Shannon,

I took that post out days ago! Please try pressing F5 if you still see that. That will help refresh and get a fresh copy of the forum.

I come in twice, each and every single day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, to clear out the spam.

Thanks,

Missy
Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 AM

I will do that. Sorry if I caused alarm. I saw it yesterday and today and was horrified. Why would anyone want to do that here? Thanks for your reply!

By the way, I ran the 5K today and met my goals: ran the whole thing and didn't come in last!! ha! ha! Actually finished in about 31 minutes! Maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow!
Shannon
Old 09-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Administrator

WHOA!!!

I was going to ask you this morning about the race. It didn't hit me until I turned my computer off last night that you survived enough to write a post!

I am sooooo pleased for you! 31 minutes is not bad at all!

Hope you're not in need of "icy hot" this morning!

Missy
Old 09-28-2011, 02:08 AM

Thanks Missy! I was actually not that sore at all! I felt great! I had so much fun! I plan on keeping on with the running. It's a great stress relief! I'll send you a few pics to post. Those BAD pics seem to still be up there....my husband checked with a different browser and they still showed up, so I'm not sure what's going on with that?????

Shannon
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 AM

what's the address I send them to
again?

Last edited by smurph : 09-28-2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: bad grammar!!!! :)
Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Send pics to contact@birthmark.org

Who is your internet provider? Because those pictures were taken out way last week. When your computer makes a request for a page from the internet and it goes through your isp, they keep a cache (just like your browser does) so that they can lower traffic.

But I can assure you those pictures aren't on here anymore. I spend a lot of time chasing spammers (you should see the russian site!!!) and they are totally getting on my nerves! I hate it when stuff like this happens, because there's nothing much I can do about it.

Missy
Old 09-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Or, Shannon, you might want to run a malware scanner and make sure it isn't stuck in your computer somehow. If you don't already have one, try malwarebytes.

Missy
Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 AM

It seems like this site has been getting more and more spam. It is so annoying that people would use a board with such a good purpose for this. It is frustrating.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Oh, I know!

Last Christmas Eve, there were 914!! In one night!

I check everyday, too. Imagine what this place would look like if I didn't come here and clean it all out. Seriously, the russian site is just awful.

Missy