what embryonic stage do hemangiomas form? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment.
Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 12-15-2011, 12:02 AM

Default what embryonic stage do hemangiomas form?

Is it known when Hemangiomas are form if they are not there at birth? (found DS at 3 weeks old) Is everything already formed but just not seen at birth? Are they developing as whatever effected part of the body is growing while you are pregnant? I know some are there and found even during pregnancy.

Ok, so why am I asking. My Ds has subglottic H with beard presentation. We suspect he also now has a malrotation of his bowel (which would have occurred durning my pregancy at about 10 weeks when his bowel was forming). Is all going wrong about the same time in my pregnancy??

Thanks
Blessedmom 10
Old 12-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Administrator

You'd have to write in to some of the experts to see if they've seen any research to find out the answer to that. Try http://birthmark.org/experts.php

Otherwise, I haven't heard the answer to that at all.

Missy