How to cover bald spot from hermangioma?? - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo

1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

VBF 20th Anniversary Gala Friday, October 10, 2014 in New York City

VBF 2014 Annual Conference Saturday, October 11, 2014 in New York City

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Hemangioma Help > Help and Resources for Hemangiomas

Old 02-21-2012, 09:33 AM

Default How to cover bald spot from hermangioma??

So im 21 years old and dont ever talk or ask about this but when i was a baby i had two spots on my head which my mother called "strawberries"... one was smaller and towards the front of my head and the second one larger and towards back of my head...They have gone down alot but the one towards the back i get embarassed about. It has gone down but now i have a bald spot there and you can feel the edge of it and it grosses me out. Is there anything i can do to cover it up so i can actually wear my hair down and not have to worry about someone seeing a bald spot???

please and thank you
Old 02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome!

That's something you need to see a physician about. Please say so to your doctor next time you go in and ask for a referral ... perhaps a plastic surgeon. I don't know that anything will make you grow hair there, but there might be a way to fix it.

If you feel like you might be too embarrassed to ask, write it out on a sheet of paper. Then, if you simply can't get the words out, hand over the note. Trust me ... all doctors (all people) have something they'd like to fix too. They understand. If they don't ... time to get a new doctor!

Missy