Anyone feel this way? 30 year old on chin - Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum
  Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Hemangiomas  |  Port Wine Stains  |  Vascular Malformations  
VBF logo
1994 - 2014
Celebrating 20 years with
75,000 networked into treatment

Dr. Linda Rozell-Shannon, PhD President and Founder

Donate to VBF    Shop VBF Products

Go Back   Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Forum > Individuals Living with Birthmarks > Living with a birthmark - my story

Old 03-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Default Anyone feel this way? 30 year old on chin

Hi, I have never been on a thread like this but thought I would see if anyone has any advice. I have a port wine stain on my cheek with a bump (can the bump go away??) and lived with it uncovered for 20 years. I was a happy funny kid but as I grew older the stares and questions got to me little by little. I started using dermablend but as 30 year old guy I get stares from it. People have a subconscious tick to rub their face. I have the best family and friends who don't care unconditionally. Strangers and women I try to date can't get past it. I accept I'm a little different but I have a lot to offer someone if they could just look past it. I am blessed to not have a large one or black, very grateful. I try to see the half glass full in life. I am consumed with not sticking out but at the same I have to have fun and a sense of humor about it. Life is too short for it to bother and consume me but it has. I've tried pulse lasers over 10 times but the bruising was too much and didn't help. I'm just wondering if anyone is in the same boat and might have some ideas- new technology? Pill to help? Home remedies? Berka website? Ha I consider myself a fun, loyal outgoing guy who doesn't take himself seriously but it just gets old after a while. Still awake? Always keeping my head up but lately its been getting to me. Any advice would be much appreciated! Ya'll have a good one!

Last edited by Chris J : 03-15-2015 at 03:28 PM.